Saturday, April 5, 2008

In the beginning...

Many of the preiminary ideas I plan to post are collected from the myriad of professional development opportunities that have been made available due to the rising demand of Web 2.0 usage in today's school system. My first challenge to all math professionals reading this blog is to begin to investigate and search for as many professional opportunities they can find.

The conundrum here is: much of what I've learned through out the past year was not from the presenters or assignments I had to endure...and trust me using the word endure is being polite. Just view this video to see what I mean...



It was through meeting with other teachers, sharing email addresses, Skype contact info, bitching (a very powerfully underrated collaborative tool...lol), and following up to maintain contact. Throw them questions, share ideas; presentations are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to professional development. I just wish presenters would realize this.

Stay tuned for some tips you can use in your math classroom.

No comments: